Lobster Mac and Cheese with Capers
- 1/2 pound Cavatappi or elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Crosse & Blackwell® Capers
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 pound lobster meat, cooked
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- MELT 3 tablespoons butter in large sauce pan. Add flour and cook over low heat 2 minutes, stirring with a whisk. Gradually stir in half-and-half and cook until slightly thickened. Turn off heat and add both cheeses, capers and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Add pasta and lobster; stir well to mix.
- SPOON mixture into 4 individual gratin dishes. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and combine with bread crumbs; sprinkle on top. Bake 30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and top has browned.