Crockery Beef Stew
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup Crosse & Blackwell® Seafood Cocktail Sauce
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup apple cider
- 6 unpeeled medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups rutabaga, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Cold water
- 1 cup peas thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Step 1
COOK bacon, beef and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat until beef is browned and bacon is cooked. Place beef mixture in slow cooker with cocktail sauce, beef stock, apple cider, potatoes, carrots, rutabaga, salt, pepper and rosemary. Cover and cook 7 to 9 hours on LOW.
- Step 2
Add beef broth to leftovers to make a hearty and delicious soup.
- Step 3
COMBINE flour with water to form a smooth paste. Stir into beef mixture along with peas. Turn heat to HIGH and continue cooking an additional 15 minutes. Serve hot garnished with parsley.