Blue Ribbon Meatloaf
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 2 cups buttery round crackers, crushed
- OR 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 jar Crosse & Blackwell® Seafood Cocktail Sauce divided
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine beef, cracker crumbs, eggs, onion, 3/4 jar cocktail sauce, salt and pepper in large bowl. Stir to combine. Pat mixture into 9x5-inch loaf pan. Place strips of bacon on top of meatloaf.
- Step 2
Next-Day Serving Idea: Use leftovers to make an easy shepherd's pie. Cut meatloaf into bite-size pieces and place in pie plate. Add your favorite cooked vegetable, cover with roast garlic mashed potatoes and bake until bubbly.
- Step 3
BAKE 50 minutes. While meatloaf is baking, stir together remaining 1/2 cup cocktail sauce, brown sugar and dry mustard in small bowl.
- Step 4
REMOVE meatloaf after 50 minutes. Spread sauce mixture on top and bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven, serve hot.