Mincemeat Icebox Cookies
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup Crosse & Blackwell® Mincemeat Filling & Topping
- OR 1 cup Crosse & Blackwell® Rum & Brandy Mincemeat Filling & Topping
- 1 (4 oz.) jar Maraschino cherries drained, rinsed and chopped
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Step 1
BEAT butter in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add both sugars, beating well. Add egg and almond extract, beating well. Add mincemeat and cherries; blend well.
- Step 2
Crumble these delicious cookies and press on the bottom of a springform pan for a quick and easy pie or cheesecake crust.
- Step 3
COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; add to liquid mixture, beating well. Stir in pecans. Cover and chill dough 2 hours.
- Step 4
SHAPE dough into two 6 to 8-inch logs. Wrap logs in wax paper and freeze until firm (about 2 hours).
- Step 5
HEAT oven to 350°F. Slice frozen dough into 1/4-inch slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.