Zesty Layered Shrimp Spread
- 1 pound peeled and deveined frozen cooked small or salad shrimp, thawed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle Crosse & Blackwell® Zesty Shrimp Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Assorted crackers
- PRESS shrimp between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture. Repeat if necessary. Combine shrimp, 1 tablespoon parsley, lemon juice, if desired, and pepper in medium bowl; mix well.
- SPREAD cream cheese in bottom of a 9-inch tart or pie plate or spread into a 9-inch circle on large rimmed serving platter.
- TOP evenly with shrimp mixture and shrimp sauce. Sprinkle evenly with cheese, red pepper, green onions and remaining 1 tablespoon parsley. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve with assorted crackers.