Pecan Date Nut Bread with Chutney Spread
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups dates, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Crosse & Blackwell® Pineapple Pepper Chutney
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of large loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- BEAT butter and sugar in large bowl. Add egg, vanilla and orange peel. Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. Alternately add flour mixture and orange juice to butter mixture, using low speed of electric mixer, just until combined. Stir in dates and pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top.
- BAKE 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack and cool completely.
- COMBINE cream cheese and chutney in small bowl; stir until smooth. To serve, slice bread and spread with chutney cheese spread.
- This batter also makes great mini-muffins.