Peanut Butter Jalapeno Poppers
- 5 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Crosse & Blackwell® Major Grey's Chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plain panko bread crumbs
Crisco® Pure Peanut Oil
or Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- STIR jalapenos, cheese, peanut butter, chutney and Cajun seasoning in medium bowl until blended. Shape into 1/2-inch round balls.
- PLACE egg, flour and breadcrumbs into three separate small bowls. Coat each ball in flour, then egg and breadcrumbs. Chill on baking sheet 1 hour.
- HEAT 2 inches oil to 350° F in a 6-quart saucepan. Fry poppers 1 1/2-2 minutes each or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Season with salt.
- COMBINE sour cream and chives. Serve with poppers.