Monte Cristo Sandwiches with Red Currant Jelly
- 8 slices bread
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese
- 4 ounces deli ham
- 4 ounces deli turkey
- 4 tablespoons Crosse & Blackwell® Chow Chow Piccalilli Mustard & Pickle Relish
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Powdered sugar
- 1 cup Crosse & Blackwell® Red Currant Jelly
- TOP 4 bread slices equally with cheese, ham, turkey and chow chow. Top with remaining bread.
- BEAT eggs and milk until well blended. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, coating well. Melt butter in large skillet; cook sandwiches over medium heat, turning once, until golden. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
- HEAT jelly in small saucepan over low heat until texture is smooth. Serve sandwiches warm with warm jelly.
- Serve these mini sandwiches as a main course or as an appetizer.