Indian Style Lamb Kabobs with Caramelized Onion Chutney
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- Grated peel of one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar Crosse & Blackwell® Caramelized Onion Chutney
- Pita or Indian flatbread
- SOAK four 6-inch wooden skewers in water. Place lamb, onion, garlic, curry powder, cilantro, lemon peel, salt and pepper in bowl of food processor. Pulse until combined. With wet hands, divide into 8 equal-size pieces and roll into oval shapes.
- THREAD 2 meat ovals onto each skewer. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- HEAT grill or broiler to medium-high. Grill kabobs until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Warm chutney in small saucepan, transfer to small serving bowl. Serve kabobs with chutney and pita, if desired.
- For great appetizers, make smaller meatball shapes and grill each on a single, presoaked 6-inch skewer. Serve with warmed chutney for dipping.